Wedding is one of the most important and beautiful things of our life. It means the end of single and the new starting of 2 people. So, it’s very important for creating a stylish. Memorable and fanning wedding.
Do you like a simple and fresh wedding, or a fancy or luxurious wedding, or a romantic wedding?
No matter what kind of wedding do you like, the Preparing for Wedding is very important.
What shall you prepare for your wedding? The quicker you start preparing your wedding after your engagement, the more successful your wedding will be.
So, It’s better you make Wedding Checklist for your wedding.
- After the engagement is finished, you and your fiancé should preparing for your wedding as following:
- What’s the date? Please contact with the wedding host and clergy person to confirm the date is ok, and also make sure the wedding place is ok.
- If necessary please arrange the premarital instruction. Because the couples are required to finish amount of premarital courses before saying I DO in some regions and churches.
- How many guests you will invite? You may need to check with both of your parents.
- The budget of your wedding?
- Where do you want to have the reception
- What is the style or theme of your wedding? Do you want a formal, traditional event, or a more intimate, casual affair?
- Do you want to hire a professional wedding consultant to help orchestrate your wedding plans?
Once you are clear with the above questions, you can preparing the following stages.
Nine to Ten Months Before The Wedding
- Announce your engagement in the newspaper, website or Communication circle.
- Interview and select a professional wedding consultant.
- Determine who will officiate your ceremony.
- Select bridal and groom attendants
- Research and book vendors, including the florist, band or DJ, musicians for the ceremony, caterer, and photographer
- Begin shopping for your wedding Dresses. You can Shop on the physical store or shop online.
- Begin shopping for your bridesmaids dresses
- You can shop Wedding dresses and bridesmaids dresses on the physical stores or online.
Six Month advance.
- Confirm the wedding dress.
- Order wedding dress/ Wedding Gowns, bridesmaids dresses, wedding accessories such as headwear, veil, gloves, shoes and so on. Also please prepare the flowers.
- Decide what kind of photos you want to take. Do you like the antique black and white style, or Fashion and atmosphericstyle, or free and unrestrained style, or the frighten style.
- What kind of music you want. Please discuss with your wedding consultant.
- If you want have ahoneymoon travel, please make the plan now.
- Visit stationary stores, research different invitation styles, select your stationary and wording, and order your invitations, inserts, announcements, and thank you notes.
- Decide on reception decorations
- Register for wedding gifts and write thank you notes as gifts come in
- Consult with wedding cake designers
- Establish your wedding transportation needs and reserve transportation
- Make reservations and accommodations for out-of-town guests
Two to Four Months in Advance
- Pick up wedding rings
- Review ceremony with officiate
- If using personalized wedding vows, begin writing them now
- Finalize ceremony music
- Select a family member or friend to handle guest book
- Schedule first fittings for you and your bridesmaids
- Shop for lingerie for your wedding night and honeymoon
- Order attire for flower girl and ring bearer
- Consult with a make-up artist and hairstylist to select a look for your wedding day
- Make hair, nail, and makeup appointments
- Final dress fittings
- Put together directions and accommodation cards for out-of-town guests
- Mail invitations
- Confirm final reception details
- Have all accessories, such as toasting goblets, ring pillow, garter, candles, etc.
- Start dance lessons with your fiancé for first dance together
- Give head count to caterer
- Confirm details with florist
- Confirm details with musicians, band, and DJ
- Confirm details with photographer
- Make rehears arrangements
One to Two Months in Advance
- If you are changing your name, complete proper documentation
- Send wedding announcements to local newspapers
- Send change-of-address information to the local post office
- Buy thank you gifts for attendants and family
- Give photographer a list of photos you would like to have taken
- Give musicians a list of music to play
Two Weeks in Advance
- Obtain marriage license
- Arrange seating plan and write place cards
- Write toasts for rehearsal dinner and wedding reception
- Break in wedding shoes
- Confirm final guest count
- Attend bachelorette party
- Write detailed wedding to do list for the day of your wedding, with a schedule, list of items, and important phone numbers
One Week Ahead
- Pick up dress, bridesmaids dresses, and groom’s attire
- Pack for honeymoon and confirm plans
- Confirm travel arrangements
- Have facial or other beauty treatment
- Confirm transportation plans for the wedding day
- Hand out wedding day schedule
- Have rehearsal dinner
- Finalize seating chart
- Delegate different tasks to family members and friends, such as who is in charge of the guest book, helping with decorations, delivering gifts after the wedding, etc.
- Have a manicure and pedicure
- Hand out gifts to each member of your bridal party, along with a personal note for each
- Rehearse ceremony
- Hold rehearsal dinner
Relax and enjoy!
Preparing and adhering to a wedding to do list is necessary to help you enjoy one of the most memorable moments of your life.